TERMS OF SELECTION
By registering for the competition, you agree to the following terms.
• Entrants retain all rights to their designs and intellectual property, apart from this specific production and for promotion of the competition. Photos or other facsimile copies of work may be displayed in social media, websites, or other promotional materials. aWAKEn and Wake Forest University reserve the right to use images from submitted design entries, including in online promotional and display formats. aWAKEn intends to display most if not all design entries to the public via this website and/or another Wake Forest University site.
• When a winning designer is chosen, the named designer has the right to decline the honor and the associated contract at that time. In that case, the second place winner will be offered the design contract.
• Upon selection of the chosen design, the winning designer will work collaboratively with the production team at Wake Forest University to modify the design for production needs and feasibility. Entrants should understand that the selected design and the final produced design may be different from each other, resembling alterations made during a typical production process.
• If selected, the winning designer must commit to traveling to Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA approximately two weeks before opening night, at Wake Forest University's expense.
• While in residency, the selected designer will also participate in related activities which may include speaking to classes, pre-show and /or post-show talks and panels, receptions, and press activities.
• Design fees and any other income incurred through this process are subject to United States taxes as applicable by law and will vary, depending on the designer's nation of residence.